Analysis of Result Files with Microsoft Excel
GeoDexcel allows a detailed post-processing and a deep analysis of GeoDict results with Microsoft Excel®.
GeoDexcel automatically loads the GeoDict result files (*.gdr) of all GeoDict modules into Excel® spreadsheets. For many GeoDict modules, e.g. for FilterDict, predefined charts are available to graphically characterize the results. Furthermore, GeoDexcel allows to automatically compare and post-process results for different structure models in one Excel® spreadsheet.
To use GeoDexcel, Microsoft Excel® (version 2007 or newer) must be installed on the computer.
- Filtration applications: Compare and rank filter media by plotting of filtration efficiency and comparing the pressure drop evolution.
- Battery research: Study and compare the different pore size distribution of electrode materials.
- Oil & Gas industry: Create Microsoft Excel® reports for a digital rock workflow.
GeoDexcel allows to load all data from GeoDict result-files into Excel®, making all Microsoft Excel® data analysis and post-processing available for GeoDict results. This export can be scripted and Microsoft Excel® files can be saved automatically.
Specific post-processing is available for many GeoDict modules:
- FilterDict: Filtration efficiency charts, particle deposition charts, and charts showing the pressure drop evolution during a filter lifetime simulation
- FlowDict: Combination of results from different flow experiments and then, for comparison, plot the average flow velocity in the selected flow direction for all of them
- MatDict: Plotting of the solid volume fraction (Solid Volume Fraction), and components analysis.
- PoroDict: Plotting of Through Pores, the cumulative geometric Pore Size Distribution (PSD) and the density of geometric PSD
- SatuDict: Output of capillary pressure curves, the relative conductivity and relative diffusivity charts, and the permeability chart for the non-wetting and the wetting phases
Furthermore, GeoDexcel allows to load and compare results created for different structures or different modules into one spreadsheet.
- GeoDexcel is a basic module and part of the GeoDict® Base license.
- GeoDexcel is not restricted to a specific module. The module post-processes all results produced in the form of GeoDict result files (*.gdr) from the GeoDict modules, be it modules for Digital Material Design or Digital Material Analysis.